Available Career Paths
Handling administrative tasks with limited oversight, including delivering packages to UPS and the post office, checking and distributing mail (both in-house and at the offsite post office box), maintaining and running the postage meter, ensuring equipment is properly replenished and maintained, purchasing office supplies and tracking needs, filing, and completing office errands as needed. Enter invoices, pay bills and maintain internal books.
Client-related responsibilities: processing financial statements, tax returns, letters, etc.; preparing new client files; assisting with electronic filing of tax returns. Receive and process payments, adjust accounts receivable balances.
Required experience and qualifications
Bookkeeping responsibilities including: journal entries, account reconciliations, maintain fixed asset system, handle calls and inquiries from vendors/clients, payroll, trial balance preparation, CAT tax payments, BWC, other tax agency payments.
Fixed Asset Software (SAGE)
Thomson Reuters Software (Practice CS, Accounting CS)
Microsoft Office Suite
Commensurate with experience
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Tax skills, including ability to work with tax software, review payroll taxes, tax returns, and basic knowledge of tax research
- Prepare and review corporate (C and S Corporations), individual, partnership, and non-profit federal, state and local tax returns
- Ability to perform data entry, including working with payroll software, trial balances, other accounting-related software, and fixed asset software
- Have an understanding and knowledge of client issues, including review of initial client data and the ability to analyze, post data, and make adjusting journal entries
- Interest in and ability to recruit new clients to HHL’s services
This is a full-time / seasonal position.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in public accounting and tax return preparation
- BS in Accounting required, Master’s degree in taxation preferred
- Current and valid CPA certificate – Please provide CPA license number
- Ability to represent clients before taxing authorities
- Computer proficiency using tax preparation (ultra tax), research and planning software programs and MS Office
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and a team player